Who we are
Our website address is: https://standupforlouis.org
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Because visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website. Any images you provide will have all embedded location data (EXIF GPS) removed before use on our website for your own personal privacy.
What data do we collect?
We collect the following data:
Personal identification information (Name and email address (if you provide it) and IP address)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect.
We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily provide feedback or via email either directly or from using our online contact forms.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Email you with following enquiries or following submitting stories.
How do we store your data?
We securely stores your data on protected database which only we have access to.
We will not contact you regarding any marketing.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user (based in the EU or UK) is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us